6 of my favorite facts.
1) A little over 8 million people live in New York City. That means 1 in every 38 people in the United States call the city home.
2) More than 800 languages are spoken in New York City, making it the most linguistically diverse city in the world. 4 in 10 households speak a language other than English.
3) New York City became the first capital of the United States in 1789.
4) Pearl Primus, Blending African and Caribbean sources with American traditions of blues, jazz, and jitterbug, Pearl Primus created new and vibrant forms of dance in NYC.
5) A Tribute to the Madame, Josephine Baker, in nyc is Chez Josephine
6) in Harlem, New York, at the oldest and only remaining live Jazz dive since 1969, is Paris Blues. What are your favorite things in New York?